Darian is the last content update before the wipe and start of the next Beta phase, scheduled to happen this summer. This upcoming Beta 2 will include the New World redesign and more!
Coming on May 18, Darian contains everything that could be implemented before the large world update. Here is what you can expect to see next week:
# Morgana Faction Rework
Surface-dwelling Disciples have been rebalanced and reworked and will come with new group compositions and spells. Morgana’s dungeon crawlers have received a significant boost and an array of new spells and abilities, making high-tier PvE more interactive and challenging.
# Faction-themed Furniture: Morgana Mobcamp
Morgana mobs will have a chance of dropping rare Morgana-themed furniture pieces. These pieces are fashioned after Morgana mobcamps, ranging from simple standards to a full-blown siege ballista. If you are not interested in furniture, you will be able to salvage them for a fair amount of silver or sell them on the market.
# New Spells and Abilities
A total of 12 new weapons spells will be added to the game.
Charge on Claymore (slot 3)
Fearless Strike on Claymore (slot 3)
Bloody Reap on Scythe (slot 3)
Magma Sphere on Great Fire Staff (slot 3)
Tackle on Great Hammer (slot 3)
Black Hole on Great Arcane Staff (slot 3)
Tornado on Double Bladed Staff (slot 3)
Enfeeble Blades on Demonic Staff (slot 3)
Salvation on Divine Staff (slot 3)
Battle Frenzy on all Axe line items (slot 2)
Sacred Pulse on all Holy Staff line items (slot 2)
Sunder Shot on all Crossbow line items (slot 2)
# New Feature: Item Study
With this new feature, you will no longer need to salvage or sell unused items from crafting. Studying them instead grants you fame towards the same Destiny Board unlock that crafting the item would. Studying an item will destroy it and you can only study items that you are able to craft. You can also learn from other crafters’ works, but items need to be at full durability.
# Learning Point System Improvement
You will no longer need to gather the first portion of fame before being able to use Learning Points. Instead, you are now able to use them to advance to the next Mastery Level right away. However, the first 20% will cost eight times more Learning Points than the remaining 80%.
# Various Fixes and Improvements
A number of bugs and ongoing issues will be fixed, and localization of the game will be improved.
Stay tuned UPAlbion.com.